Here are 6 common conditions that require home care:
- Ongoing Or Chronic Illnesses: Home care can help you manage a chronic condition, such as diabetes or heart disease, by helping you monitor your symptoms, keep track of your medication schedule and ensure you’re taking the right medications at the right times. It also allows you to avoid hospital visits and emergency room visits when they’re not really necessary.
- Aging In Place: Many seniors prefer to stay in their own homes as they age, but as we age, it becomes more difficult for us to do so without assistance. Home health aides can help older adults with ADLs that are difficult for them to do on their own — such as bathing, dressing and eating — so they can continue living in their homes longer than most people do.
- Physical Disability: If an older adult has a physical disability that limits their mobility (such as arthritis), home health aides may be able to provide assistance with personal care tasks (such as lifting them out of bed or getting them in and out of the shower). They can also help with transferring from one place to another (such as from bed to wheelchair) and positioning them properly so they don’t get bedsores.
- Chronic Pain Conditions: Many people experience chronic pain, which is pain that lasts longer than three months. Long-term pain can be caused by an injury or illness such as arthritis or cancer. It can also be caused by a traumatic event like surgery. Home care can help relieve your pain and make it easier for you to move around in your home without hurting yourself further.
- Injuries And Accidents: If you’ve had an accident or suffered an injury, home care may be able to help with rehabilitation services such as physical therapy and occupational therapy. A therapist will work with you to regain mobility and strength so that you can go back to doing daily activities on your own again.
- Alzheimer’s And Dementia: Home care agencies provide assistance with ADLs, including bathing, dressing and getting around in the house safely because many people with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia have difficulty performing these tasks on their own due to memory loss.
Saige Homecare Can Help With Your Health Concerns
We are Saige Homecare, and we want you to live a happy and healthy life.If you need home care, Saige Homecare is here for you. We create custom care plans to make sure you are receiving the exact care you need. Our team also offers resources on how to practice healthy habits and reach your peak potential. We will work with you to bring your own plan to life and make sure that you are happy in your home.